Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Brand New Bidet!

Just kidding! I didn't get a new bidet. I wouldn't want one, they creep me out. I am very happy with a normal toilet. However, I did create the feeling of a brand new bathroom!

Recently, I have been having a hard time being happy in my current home. I, along with I'm sure every lady in the world, feels like it's time for a change. At the beginning of the year, I started painting different rooms in my home. I am almost done with the painting and have begun decorating. I wanted to share some of the best thrift store finds that have really completed my bathroom downstairs.

I wish I had thought to take a picture beforehand, but naturally, I was results focused and just wanted to get started. Oh well. I will try to give you a quick description. It was a matte white wall that came with the condo when it was bought. It was incredibly fragile. If I looked at it wrong, I swear it would start to crumble. Having to two small children, you can imagine the number of dents, scratches, marks, etc that just covered every inch. There was a small single shelf over the toilet and a soap dispenser on the counter with some magazines. The only item I LOVED in the bathroom was a great photo of a pig going for a swim that was framed in black... my starting point. You can see it in the picture below, although not very clearly.



I picked an amazing green, after trying to decided from a ridiculous number of hues. Why does there have to be soooo many options?!?! I had an old shelf that just needed to be painted. I decided to make it to the woodwork that was white, instead of some of the other features that were black, just to lighten it up a bit.

Keeping with the pig photo, I decided to go all country animal. I know a whole lot of people will think this is just terrible, but the idea is just to find something you love and build up. Thrift stores are my jam and I love finding things that have had a life before coming to my home and fitting perfectly. All together, I spent just under $150 dollars to redo this bathroom. Including all the paint, painting supplies, a new rug (gasp!), and the items picked up along the way at the shops.



No comments:

Post a Comment